Friday, April 3, 2009

Welcome to Parents' Lobang - a High 10 to all of u !!



Having been proscratinating for a long time..finally get down to do a parents' resources blog for all my friends, ex-colleagues relatives etc.

U see, I am informally labelled as the "lobang queen" (for non-singaporean it means resource queen) by some of my ex-colleagues and church friends especially in the area of parenting and/or children related stuff. How is this idea started ? I used to email them about this lobang and that, this newspaper article, the different holiday programs available at the malls etc. Some of them used to tell me "Gerri, can you put all these fantastic information on the web so that we can refer to it frequently and know where to get it when we need it..we simply can't keep track of the emails that are sent to us"....so here it is !! The idea of parents' lobang is finally conceived !

Having being a SAHM for 2 over years, I must confess that I have slightly more time to surf the web for parents' resources to help my kids in different areas. Besides being a SAHM, I am also a Family educator giving parenting talks, workshops to pre-schools and primary schools as well as a Education coach in a local pte institution that teaches students how to excel both in their studies and in life. Phew !! Sounds like a mummy of all trades isn't it but definitely NOT a master of none hee hee..


I hope that this blog will serve as a common area for parents to drop by to check out the available resources that are found on the web, the latest buzz happening for parents and children and almost anything or everything that revolves around parenting, kids etc.

Most of all I hope that all of you, parents are there can contribute and share your thoughts, lobangs etc !!

See u on this blog ,
Gerri

No comments:

Post a Comment